Sprinkler System Leak Detection | Sugar Land, TX
One of the most common problems we see at Sugar Land Irrigation Pros are sprinkler system leaks. Leaks can be a tricky issue to diagnose for the average person. Afterall, most of your home’s automated sprinkler system and components are located underground, where thousands of gallons of water are coursing through at any moment in time.
Although a simple leak may seem like a minor issue in theory, it’s not a repair you can afford to put off. In addition to wasting tons of water and driving up your monthly water bill, in-ground sprinkler system leaks can cause a lot of damage to your lawn and garden if they aren’t caught and repaired quickly. Depending on the design of your sprinkler system, you likely have valves and water lines running throughout your lawn and landscape that are prone to leaking issues. Unless you built a Do-It-Yourself System at home, you will probably not know where to look for these valves and lines that could be affected. However, there are some signs you can look out for if you’re suspicious your system has a leak.
Signs You May Have Leaks in Your In-ground Sprinkler System
- The water pressure is low when your system is turned on and spraying. You notice differences in water pressure in different zones of your lawn.
- Areas of your lawn are greener above the water lines or sprinkler heads of your system.
- Mildew and mold is present on top of the lawn or patches of grass, or there is fungus growing on plants and shrubs.
- Water bubbles up when the system is running. You may also notice recessed, sunken areas in your lawn.
- Significant wet patches in isolated areas or near the sprinkler heads.
- Small holes present in your yard.
- A sprinkler system line is spraying dirty water
- Signs of damage from animals digging or burrowing in your yard.
If you notice any of these issues, there is likely some sort of leak. It’s best to call our irrigation technicians who can quickly assess the damage and find the root cause of the problem. We’ll check for large wet patches on your property, the functionality of all your sprinkler heads and nozzles, and only dig up the problem area in order to find the exact valve or water line leak. Most of the time, these sprinkler system repairs will be minor, quick fixes that we can have back in working order the same day. Don’t let leaks go unattended, because they will cost you greatly over time. ONE small leak in your irrigation system can waste over 6,000 gallons of water per month! Imagine if your system has more than one leaky valve at once!
If you are experiencing any of these problems with your irrigation system, you can rest assured that we have the know-how and expertise to resolve any of these issues. Call us today if you suspect your lawn has leaks!